2 years 0 months
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5/13/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s PPP Transactions Advisory Department is focused on assisting governments to develop and bring to market private-public partnerships primarily in infrastructure sectors. In Brazil, the department has a partnership with BNDES and IDB (called Private Sector Partnership Program– PSP) to jointly develop such projects. The Department is now seeking to recruit an Investment Analyst to join the team to work in the PSP Program. The analyst’s work will involve contributing to the marketing activities and the execution of advisory mandates in Brazil, which involves frequent travels throughout the Country.
Duties and Responsibilities
These will include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the Team’s origination and marketing activities:
- Assist in the identification of potential new mandates through country, industry and market research;
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to current and potential clients;
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for new mandates and mandate letters.
- Contribute to the Team’s project execution activities, including among others:
- Develop financial analysis and models to assess the financial feasibility of the projects;
- Provide support in the selection of consultants, including drafting consultant terms of reference, requests for proposals and applications for funding for consultant costs;
- Participate in due diligences;
- Participate in meetings with government clients and investors;
- Prepare reports and presentations about the Program when needed;
- Assist in drafting project information memorandums, strategic options reports, bidding and transaction documents, etc.;
- Perform duties as requested by senior members of the team;
- Prepare presentations and reports as requested by Senior Management;
- Develop researches as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration with emphasis in finance
- Minimum of two years experience
- Previous experiences in infrastructure sector and/or financial advising are desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Fluency in English and Portuguese required; fluency in Spanish desired
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.